How to Renew Items
- Login to My Account, requires University ID and password
- On the Loans panel of My Account, if there are no books nearing renewal, there is no renew link, and nothing to do!
- If you have books nearing renewal, you can renew them all with one click, or one at a time
In the Library
Bring your SF State OneCard and the items to renew to the Book Pickup & Checkout on the Library 1st Floor
Renewals are usually allowed for books and other items in our main circulating collection, beginning two weeks prior to the due date.
Some items cannot be renewed, including:
- Items that are due "too soon to renew" (prior to 14 days before due date)
- Items long overdue and already billed for replacement (these must be brought to the library for renewal)
- Items with loan policies which do not allow renewal, such as reserve readings or material checked out by special permission
Periodicals may be renewed once, unless requested by another borrower.
All periodicals that are checked out and cannot be renewed must be returned to the Periodicals Desk, by due date/time.
Reserve materials may not be renewed.
Books borrowed through ILLiad can usually be renewed once for two weeks. In some cases renewals are not permitted by the loaning Library.
For more information, contact Interlibrary Services.