With the arrival of the new OneSearch, this page requires updates, which are coming very soon.
How to Renew Items
- On-Line: Login to Your Library Account, requires Library PIN.
- In the Library: Bring your SF State OneCard and the items to renew to the Book Pickup & Checkout on the Library 1st Floor.
Books on HOLD for another user cannot be renewed.
Renewals are usually allowed for books and other items in our main circulating collection, beginning two weeks prior to the due date.
Some items cannot be renewed, including:
- Items that are due "too soon to renew" (prior to 14 days before due date).
- Items long overdue and already billed for replacement (these must be brought to the library for renewal).
- Items on HOLD for another user.
- Items that have reached the maximum number of renewals (usually 15 times for students, 5 times for faculty).
- Items with loan policies which do not allow renewal, such as reserve readings or material checked out by special permission.
Periodicals may be renewed once, unless requested by another borrower.
All periodicals that are checked out and cannot be renewed must be returned to the Periodicals Desk, by due date/time.
Reserve materials may not be renewed.
Link+ books may be renewed once beginning three days prior to and up to two days after the due date. Link+ renewals are not real time transactions. Users must check back online to determine if the Link+ renewal was approved and to determine the new due date.
Books borrowed through ILLiad can usually be renewed once for two weeks. In some cases renewals are not permitted by the loaning Library.
For more information, contact Interlibrary Services.